28 Jun Episode 37 – Keeping it in the family with Yehuda Gottlieb of the Spotlight family office
Yehuda Gottlieb is the General Manager of Investments at Spotlight Group Holdings, LTD., a privately-held commercial holdings company based in South Melbourne, Australia with operations across the country as well as in New Zealand and Asia. He has over a decade of experience in advising and consulting middle-market and publicly listed companies with corporate strategy, mergers and acquisitions, and raising capital. His responsibility at the Spotlight Group includes managing the company’s Family Office, specifically focusing on investment management, private equity, corporate advisory, and corporate strategy.
Yehuda joins me today to discuss what family offices are and the various roles that make up a family office. He explains how Family Offices differ from traditional corporate company offices, why ultra-high net worth investors choose to open a family office, and the mindset differences between an average investor and an ultra-high net worth investor. He also explains how the Spotlight Group Holdings Family Office works with other investors on various deals and how they manage risks when investing in property developments.
Don’t miss this week’s segment of Reuben’s Rants where I share my thoughts on the latest headlines regarding the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission recently prosecuting six of the nation’s most senior bankers.
“Always have an understanding of what you want to get out of the deal and what you are trying to do and achieve.” – Yehuda Gottlieb
This week on The Finance Hour Podcast:
- What is a Family Office?
- How the Spotlight Group’s Family Office is different from their company’s office.
- How Family Offices are helping other successful family investors through services and consulting.
- The difference between single-family offices and multi-family offices.
- How the Spotlight Family Office is working with other investors.
- How investors can mitigate risks when investing and trading stocks.
- The challenge of securing loans through banks due to the increased pressure on Royal Commission with banks.
- How the Spotlight Family Office began.
- Lessons investors can learn from ultra-high net worth families.
- How Spotlight Family Office structures the decision-making process of negotiating and investing in deals.
- How Family Offices help ultra-high net worth investors preserve their wealth for future generations.
- The pros and cons of diversifying versus concentrating on a niche market.
- Separating Charitable Trusts from Family Offices.
- How the Spotlight Family Offices handles short-term lending deals.
- Managing risks while funding property developments.
Yehuda Gottlieb’s Top 3 Tips for Evaluating Investment Decisions:
- Consider your alignment of interests.
- Be clear on your goals and objectives.
- Ensure the risk-reward is appropriate.
Connect with Yehuda Gottlieb:
Subscribe to The Finance Hour Podcast with Reuben Zelwer!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Finance Hour Podcast with your host, Reuben Zelwer! If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to iTunes to leave us a rate and review. Subscribe to the show so you never miss an episode and don’t forget to share your favorite episodes with your friends and colleagues. To learn more about Adapt Wealth Management and to connect with Reuben, visit our website or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
About Reuben Zelwer
Reuben Zelwer established Adapt Wealth Management in 2011 to help time poor clients achieve financial freedom. For over 15 years, Reuben has helped professionals, executives, business owner and those approaching retirement make the most of their circumstances by making good financial decisions. Reuben’s professional practice is complemented by substantial voluntary work, which has included setting up financial literacy and savings programs in the local community.